This flour free cake is easy to make and delicious to eat.
1. Boil whole oranges in a little water in a covered saucepan for 2 hours.
2. Remove from the water, cut open and remove any pips (seeds).
3. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F). Grease and line a large springform pan.
4. Beat eggs and caster sugar.
5. Add the oranges, peel and all. Use a stab mixer to blend (hand blender).
6. Add almond meal and baking powder and mix through.
7. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for one hour.
8. Allow to cool slightly in the tin before turning out to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (133g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 7 (4%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.8g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 3.7mg||1 %|
|Sodium 902.2mg||31 %|
|Potassium 139.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.1g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 38.1g|
|Protein 3.1g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 163
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Lamb tagine with dates, almonds and pistachios
I recommend preceding it with this recipe
"A lovely combo for a morroccan inspired meal" — SassySW
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.