Flavored with Irish Cream Liqueur, coffee, chocolate, and vanilla -- the ingredients that constitute Baileys Irish Cream -- this Irish cream cake is topped with rich Irish cream caramel sauce to make a delicious Mudslide of a cake. Top it with Irish-cream-infused whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate curls.
Source: Booze Cakes by Krystina Castella and Terry Lee Stone
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
2. Combine espresso and Irish cream liqueur; set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a mixing bowl, beat butter, cocoa, sugar, and vanilla 3 to 5 minutes, or until light and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, and then mix 4 minutes, or until fluffy.
3. Add flour and Irish cream mixtures to the butter mixture in three alternating additions. Pour batter into pans and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
4. For the whipped cream: Add cream and liqueur to a mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
5. For the sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar, butter, and cream to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and Irish cream liqueur.
6. Place one cake layer on a stand or serving platter. Spread half the whipped cream on top. Place the second layer on top, cover it with the rest of the whipped cream , sprinkle with shaved chocolate, and drizzle Irish cream caramel sauce all over.
7. For a crowd, scoop little Mudslide cake slices into individual party cups, pour Irish cream caramel sauce over top, and serve with big spoons
1 oz vodka; 1 oz coffee liqueur; 1 oz Irish cream liqueur -- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into a glass over ice.
The B-52 Cake
For the cake: Reduce the Irish cream liqueur to 1/4 cup. Add 1/4 cup coffee liqueur and 1/4 cup triple sec. For the topping: Spike orange buttercream with Grand Marnier instead of vodka and drizzle with spiked chocolate sauce.
1 oz Kahlua; 1 oz Irish Cream liqueur; 1 oz Grand Marnier -- In a glass layer Kahlua, Irish cream, and Grand Marnier
Irish Coffe Cake:
Replace the caramel sauce with homemade coffee liqueur and dollops of whipped cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (163g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 251 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.9g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.4g||87 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 80.3mg||25 %|
|Sodium 6114.6mg||211 %|
|Potassium 236.2mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.6g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 51.2g|
|Protein 5.8g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 485
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!