1. In a large pot over medium heat combine the broth (I use Knorr's fish boullion cubes), lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and ginger. Simmer 10-15 mins.
2. Add the noodles and cook for 3 mins.
3. Add the shrimp and the jalapenos to the broth and cook 2-3 more mins.
4. Remove the soup from the heat and add the scallions (half-inch slices of both white & green sections) and cucumber (peeled, seeded, and cut into thin one-inch strips).
5. Ladle into bowls and garnish with bean sprouts and cilantro.
If you can't get fresh sprouts, don't bother with the tasteless and limp canned variety.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (847g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 129 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.3g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 172.4mg||53 %|
|Sodium 9036.9mg||312 %|
|Potassium 1160mg||31 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 64.5g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 60g|
|Protein 51.7g||74 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 585
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.