1. For the starter: Combine water, flour, yeast and sugar together, cover and let it proof for 1 hour at 25C room temperature. The starter should look bubbly, and almost double its original volume
2. To make the dough: Combine the starter, semolina, flour and salt, knead until the dough is elastic and smooth. The dough should feel wet, but not sticky. Grease a large bowl and plastic wrap, place the dough in, cover, let it rise in the fridge overnight.
3. Next morning bring the dough back to room temperature. Knead briefly, and divide it into three portions.
4. Lightly flour the work table, roll each dough to 25 x 15 cm rectangle. Generously brush extra virgin olive oil all over but leave one long end (so that it can seal easily), evenly distribute 1/3 portion of olives, roll up the long side, pinch the end, carefully transfer it on a baking tray, brush more olive oil on top. Repeat the same procedure with the other two doughs. Cover with plastic wrap, let them rise at 25C room temperature for about an hour. They should puff up their volume close to double.
5. Set oven to 250C, pre-heat for 30 minutes
6. Bake the loaf at 250C for the first 5 minutes, then lower to 220 for another 20 - 25 minutes. Check the doness.
7. The loaf stores well for two days in room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (288g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3|
|Calories from Fat: 68 (11%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.6g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 443.1mg||15 %|
|Potassium 246.1mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 120.4g||35 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 114g|
|Protein 19.1g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 631
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.