Preheat oven to 400*C degrees F.
1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, mix thoroughly.
2. Cut in butter using 2 forks or a pastry blender. The butter pieces should be coated with flour and resemble crumbs.
3. In another bowl, mix buttermilk and egg together and then add to the flour mixture. Mix just to incorporate. Do not overwork the dough.
4. Roll blueberries in flour to coat, this will help prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom of the scone when baked.
5. Fold the blueberries into batter, being careful not to bruise. Drop large tablespoons of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 15-20 min until brown.
7. Cool before applying orange glaze.
2 tbsp unsalted butter.
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 oranges, juiced and zested
Combine all ingredients over a double boiler. Cook until butter and sugar are melted and mixture has thickened.
Remove from and beat until smooth and slightly cool. Drizzle or brush on top of scones and let glaze get hazy and hardened.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (187g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 88 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.7g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 54.5mg||17 %|
|Sodium 211mg||7 %|
|Potassium 121.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 82g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 79.1g|
|Protein 7.8g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 440
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!