Great for making the night before and then a quick 20-30 second blast in the microwave in the morning. A batch should last 3-4 days in the fridge.
1. Whisk the eggs and coconut milk well in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. Place the rest of the ingredients except the coconut oil in a frying pan and fry at medium heat for 5-8 mins or until the bacon is done. Stir often.
4. Grease a muffin pan with the coconut oil.
5. Pour the fried ingredients into the egg bowl and mix well. Use a ladle to pour the mixture in the the muffin pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until turning golden brown. Remove the muffins from the pan immediately and let cool. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Warm using microwave for 20-30 seconds.
If you want to go off the 100% Paleo plan, use parmesan cheese grated instead of the coconut milk to give it extra flavor. Also, I find that greasing the pan with butter instead of coconut oil gives a better release when the cooking is done.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (227g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 110 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.3g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 23.5mg||7 %|
|Sodium 385.8mg||13 %|
|Potassium 408.2mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 8.9g|
|Protein 9.6g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 185
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.