1. Whisk the eggs and coconut milk well in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F.
3. Place the rest of the ingredients except the coconut oil in a frying pan and fry at medium heat for 5-8 mins or until the bacon is done. Stir often.
4. Grease a muffin pan with the coconut oil.
5. Pour the fried ingredients into the egg bowl and mix well. Use a ladle to pour the mixture in the the muffin pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until turning golden brown. Remove the muffins from the pan immediately and let cool. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Warm using microwave for 20-30 seconds.
If you want to go off the 100% Paleo plan, use parmesan cheese grated instead of the coconut milk to give it extra flavor. Also, I find that greasing the pan with butter instead of coconut oil gives a better release when the cooking is done.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (227g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 110 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.3g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 23.5mg||7 %|
|Sodium 385.8mg||13 %|
|Potassium 408.2mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 8.9g|
|Protein 9.6g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 185
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe