1. Heat oil in a deep pot over medium high heat. Add potatoes and onions, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Prepare the kale by rinsing thoroughly and tearing the leafy portions from the stems. Tear into bite-size pieces. Discard stems.
3. Add garlic, bay leaves, and kale to the pot. Cover pot and wilt greens 2 minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
5. If you do not have broth on hand, use 4 tablespoons of Minor's or Tone's chicken base or 2 tablespoons of Knorr's bouillion granules.
6. Add beans, chourico, and broth to the pot and bring soup to a full boil. Reduce heat back to medium and cook about 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Serve with warm, crusty bread.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (771g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 477 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 53g||71 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.6g||88 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.7g|
|Cholesterol 99.8mg||31 %|
|Sodium 2787.8mg||96 %|
|Potassium 1837.8mg||48 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 65.8g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.5g||46 %|
|Sugars, other 54.4g|
|Protein 41g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 891
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.