1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks and pumpkin puree. Stir the pumpkin mixture until smooth.
3. Using an electric mixture with a whisk attachment, whip the remaining 9 egg whites at medium speed until foamy, about 2 minutes. With the machine on, gradually whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar; increase the speed to high and beat until stiff but still moist, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add 1/4 of the egg white mixture to the pumpkin batter, folding with a rubber spatula just until no streaks remain. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture in the same manner. Pour the batter into a 10-inch tube pan with a removable bottom and bake until springy to the touch and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 minutes.
5. Let cool in the cake pan for 5 minutes, then invert the pan onto a narrow-necked and let hang upside down until completely cool, about 1 1/2 hours. Place the cake right side up and remove pan. To serve, dust the cake with the confectioner's sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (237g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 93 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.3g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 423mg||130 %|
|Sodium 341.2mg||12 %|
|Potassium 317.3mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.4g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 34.8g|
|Protein 25g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 332
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!