1. Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 (9x2 in.) round cake pans; set aside.
2. Beat shortening and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl with electric mixer at low speed just until blended; beat at medium-low for 1 minute.
3. Add eggs individually, beating 1 minute after each addition.
4. Add buttermilk in 2 portions, beating just until blended, scraping sides of the bowl between additions
5. Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until cake just begins to pull away from sides of pans.
6. Cook cakes on wire rack for an hour. Turn cakes onto lightly sugared parchment paper; cool to room temperature. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to frost.
7. Spread frosting over one cake; top with second cake. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining frosting.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (118g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 198 (80%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.4g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 252.4mg||78 %|
|Sodium 331.7mg||11 %|
|Potassium 144mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 4.2g|
|Protein 8.1g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 249
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!