1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Rinse the chicken and pat dry thoroughly with paper towels. Season inside the cavity with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
2. If desired, truss the legs to the chicken for more even cooking. Place in a roasting pan or shallow skillet and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Roast the chicken until the juices run clear and the thigh registers 165 degrees, 50 to 60 minutes. Do not open the oven for the first 45 minutes, as this will create steam.
3. While the chicken is roasting, melt the butter. Stir in the Dijon; set aside.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven and baste with the juices in the pan. Place on a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes.
5. Cut the chicken into serving pieces and slather with the butter mixture.
for the most even cooking, have the chicken at room temperature for 2 hours before roasting.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (479g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 720 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 80g||107 %|
|Saturated Fat 26.9g||134 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 31.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.1g|
|Cholesterol 370.7mg||114 %|
|Sodium 2781.6mg||96 %|
|Potassium 872.5mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 0.2g|
|Protein 84.7g||121 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1081
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.