1. Heat oven at 425 and place roasting pain in the oven. You want to get it hot. Add any veggies you have laying around to add with the bird to the pan.
2. Pat chicken dry and season it liberally - seriously. give it a nice, even coasting inside and out with salt and pepper. The longer you let the meat absorb the salt, the more flavor it will have.
3. To add even more flavor, stuff the cavity with garlic cloves, fresh herbs, a lemon half, onions, whatever's in your fridge. It's not a science so don't sweat if you don't have anything.
4. Remove the hot pan from the oven and coat the inside with olive oil. Place the bird breast side up in the pan (it'll sizzle) which will help the dark underside meat cook evenly with the breast. Arrange veggies around the chicken.
5. Return the pan to the oven and roast about 50 minutes. Pro tip: Don't keep opening the oven door to check it! You want the oven to stay hot, hot, hot to get crispy skin, and you'll let previous heat escape if you look too often.
6. Remove chicken from oven and insert a thermometer into the thigh. You want a reading between 155F and 160F - the meat will continue cooking to its desired temp of 165 as it rests. Let it sit 15 minutes before carving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (443g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 554 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 61.6g||82 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.4g||87 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13g|
|Cholesterol 297.7mg||92 %|
|Sodium 280mg||10 %|
|Potassium 823.9mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 3.9g|
|Protein 74.5g||106 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 887
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!