1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. To make the olive past, place the olives, anchovies, peeled garlic, lemon juice and oil in a food processor with half of the parsley, stalks and all. Pulse, scraping down the sides, until a rough paste is formed. season to taste and set aside.
3. Season the lamb leg all over. Scatter the lemon and remaining unpeeled garlic cloves in a large roasting pan. Place the lamb on top and roast for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the olive paste all over the top of the lamb. Roast for a further 30-40 minutes until cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a large try, cover with foil and keep warm until ready to serve.
4. Meanwhile, to make the roasted garlic sauce, skim off almost all the lamb fat from the roasting pa, reserving pan juices. Taking care of the heat, squeeze out the roasted garlic from their skins (reserving 2 cloves) and the lemon into the pan juices. Strain through a fine sieve into a medium saucepan with the stock. Please over high heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until reduce by one quarter. Season to taste and keep hot until ready to serve.
5. Heat a large frypan with extra 2 tbs olive oil over high heat. Add the green beans, celery, zucchini and reserved 2 cloves of roasted garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until beans are just cooked. Set aside and keep warm.
6. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan half full of salted water to the boil. Cook the snow peas and sugar snap peas for 2 minutes or until just cooked. Strain and add to the warm bean mixture. Season to taste and toss to combine.
7. Place the leg of lamb on a serving platter and arrange the snow peas, sugar snap peas, green beans and zucchini around the lamb. Scatter with halved olives, crispy capers and extra parsley leaves. Serve with roasted garlic sauce and steamed potatoes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (646g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 644 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 71.6g||95 %|
|Saturated Fat 31g||155 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.8g|
|Cholesterol 287.5mg||88 %|
|Sodium 248.9mg||9 %|
|Potassium 1542.6mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.4g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 8.7g|
|Protein 78.4g||112 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1018
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!