1. Usually the breaded chicken takes about 20 minutes to cook in the oven, so put your chicken in first as it takes about this much time to cook the rest of the ingredients.
2. Put 4 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan or wok and place on a moderate heat. Add the onions and green pepper, and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the garlic and chillies when the onion and pepper have gone soft.
3. Stir until the onions have turned slightly golden, then add the sugar (start with 1/2 teaspoon; you can add more later if needed) 2 pinches of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Continue stirring until chicken is ready and turn down heat if needed; the ingredients in the pan should be a soft golden colour.
4. When the chicken is ready, cut it up into thick slices, place in the pan and stir it all together. The aim here is to get the chicken smothered in the all the other ingredients. Add more oil if you need to. If you don't think it's sweet enough, add more sugar and garlic.
5. Once the chicken has been covered with the mixture, serve up.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (267g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 130 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.5g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 41.2mg||13 %|
|Sodium 595.5mg||21 %|
|Potassium 583.7mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30.9g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 27g|
|Protein 14.4g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 303
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!