1. In a heavy-bottomed pot, add the coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt
2. Whisk to combine the ingredients, and turn on the heat. Bring to boil for 15 minutes watching carefully so mixture doesn't boil over.
3. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes, making sure it doesn't burn.
4. Wear gloves to pour the caramel into a small bowl, and stir periodically as it cools to room temperature.
5. If the caramel isn't too thick when it reaches room temp, pour it back into the pot and let it simmer over the lowest heat possible for 3-5 minutes.
6. Wear gloves to pour caramel back into the small bowl, stirring occasionally until it reaches room temp. Store covered at room temp.
Salted Caramel Bacon Bark
1. Make salted caramel recipe above and let it cool to almost room temp.
2. Line an 8"x8" dish with a piece of unbleached parchment paper big enough to cover the bottom and go up the sides. Pinch the corner to help it stay in place and set aside.
3. Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate and pour into the prepared dish.
4. Allow the chocolate to cool to room temp on the counter then place it in the freezer until hard.
5. Drizzle the caramel over the chocolate and sprinkle the top with crumble crisp bacon.
6. Freeze the candy until it is hard enough to break into bark. Store in fridge or freezer.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (283g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1005 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 111.7g||149 %|
|Saturated Fat 52.9g||264 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 40.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.2g|
|Cholesterol 133.4mg||41 %|
|Sodium 3040.2mg||105 %|
|Potassium 1597.3mg||42 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 91.1g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13.6g||54 %|
|Sugars, other 77.4g|
|Protein 51.9g||74 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1589
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!