1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
2. Place the cocoa and 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate in a bowl and pour in the boiling water. Stir until all the chocolate is melted. Set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract.
4. Alternate mixing in the dry ingredients and the melted chocolate mixture. Do not over mix.
5. Pour batter into two 9-inch cake pans and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
6. To make the frosting, pour the cream into a saucepan over a medium heat and stir in the 8 ounces of chocolate. Whisk until smooth and shiny.
7. Place the jam in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until it loosens enough to pour it over the cake.
8. When the cakes are done and cooled invert one on to a plate and spread the cherry jam over it. I find it better to spread the jam over the “bottom” of the cake since it is always flat. place the other cake layer on top and pour the frosting over the whole thing. Decorate with whipped cream and cherries for an extra happy-looking cake.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (2009g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 2936 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 326.2g||435 %|
|Saturated Fat 201.8g||1009 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 93.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.7g|
|Cholesterol 630.4mg||194 %|
|Sodium 84653.5mg||2919 %|
|Potassium 2591.3mg||68 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 632g||186 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22.4g||90 %|
|Sugars, other 609.6g|
|Protein 38.5g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5344
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!