1. Combine the stock, ham, bay leaves, where red pepper, and salt in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for 60 minutes.
2. Meanwhile heat bacon drippings. Stir in flour. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly,Until flower is dark brown and a roux smell of nutty, about 25 minutes. Then stir into simmering beef stock until smooth and thickened.
3. Heat oil in skillet. Sauté okra, onions, green pepper, celery, and garlic for 10 minuets, until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in tomatoes, ketchup, and seasonings and bring to a boil.
4. Add vegetables to thickened stock.
5. Stir shrimps, covered, for 5 minuets, or until shrimp, crabmeat, oysters, scallions, and gumbo file into stew. Simmer, covered, simmer for 5 minuets, or until shrimp are pink.
6. Serve immediately over one cup individual servings of rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (551g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 191 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.3g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.2g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4g|
|Cholesterol 173.8mg||53 %|
|Sodium 1512.8mg||52 %|
|Potassium 704.2mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 18g|
|Protein 34.5g||49 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 410
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!