1. Sort the lentils, discarding any stones or impurities. Rinse the lentils in a wire mesh strainer.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion for about 4 minutes, till softened. Add the chopped garlic and
sauté for another minute.
3. Pour the softened onions and garlic into the slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients.
4. Cover the slow cooker and turn heat to high. Cook for 6 hours on high, or 8 hours on low, until the lentils are tender.
5. If not vegan, serve hot with your choice of toppings, e.g., plain yogurt, herbed goat cheese, feta crème fraîche, grated
Parmesan, Greek yogurt or low fat sour cream
IF YOU'D PREFER NOT TO USE A SLOW COOKER, you can cook the stew in a large pot over medium-low to low heat, covered,
for about 90 minutes until the lentils are tender.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (303g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 9 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 358.8mg||12 %|
|Potassium 922.3mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.5g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 20.7g||83 %|
|Sugars, other 26.8g|
|Protein 16.8g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 261
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!