1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Coat 12 standard 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Place the raisins in a small bowl & cover them with hot water. Set the bowl aside.
3. Whisk the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt & cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in the bran.
4. Whisk together the egg, milk, apple butter, brown sugar (or Splenda), canola oil & molasses in a large bowl until blended.
5. Make a well in the dry ingredients & pour in the wet ingredients. Drain the raisins & add them to the batter, along with the sliced apples. Stir just until combined.
6. Scoop the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan (the cups will be very full).
7. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when touched lightly; 18 to 22 minutes.
8. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges & turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.
TIPS & NOTES:
Wrap any leftover muffins individually in plastic wrap. Place them in a plastic storage container or Ziploc bag & freeze them for up to 1 month. To thaw: Remove them from the plastic wrap, wrap them in a paper towel & microwave on DEFROST for about 2 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (96g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.5g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 35.9mg||11 %|
|Sodium 35.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 390.1mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.2g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 33.5g|
|Protein 5.9g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 220
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!