Try this Spicy Cheese Straws recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Lay both pastry sheets on a work bench at room temperature for 5 minutes, or until just thawed.
3. Combine Parmesan, chilli powder and garlic salt. Set aside.
4. Lightly brush 1 pastry sheet with some of the egg. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture and, using a rolling pin, gently press the mixture into the pastry. Turn pastry sheet over and repeat the process.
5. Fold the sheet in half to form a rectangle. Cut crossways into 20 strips. Twist the strips and place onto the baking tray.
6. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until puffed and crisp. Allow to cool on the tray.
When placing strips onto the tray press ends onto tray to help stop the strips from unsurling during baking.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2g)|
|Recipe Makes: 40 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.4g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 5.2mg||2 %|
|Sodium 70.8mg||2 %|
|Potassium 4.3mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.2g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.2g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 6
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.