1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In bowl, mix flours, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
3. Rub in 4 tablespoons shortening until the texture is like coarse sand.
4. Gradually add the culinary milk and lemon juice until soft dough forms. Knead dough for 1 minute on well-floured surface.
5. Form dough into a ball and then pat into a 3/4-inch thick mass on a lightly floured surface.
6. Cut 2 1/2 inche rounds. Gather scraps and repeat until all the dough is used.
7. Transfer biscuits to parchment paper-lined sheet tray and brush with melted coconut oil.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Serve fresh with your favorite jam or biscuit topping.
Add one extra cup of one of the flours for thicker, more traditional fluffy biscuits. These are best served warm!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (68g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 62 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.9g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 13.3mg||4 %|
|Sodium 385.7mg||13 %|
|Potassium 15.5mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.5g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 27.3g|
|Protein 2.5g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 187
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!