1. Preheat the oven to about 190 degrees.
2. with an electric whisk, beat the butter and sugar and vanilla essence (if any) together.
3. beat in the eggs one at a time until 'dropping' consistency has been reached
4. fold in the flour (if it's too stiff, add in cooled boiled water)
5. place the mix into the tin and make a dent in the middle
6. bake at 170 degrees for 20-30mins or until the skewer comes out clean and leave to cool on a cooling rack
7. mix the cream with the chopped strawberries
8. cut the cake into 2 or 3 layers (if the cake has risen enough to do so) with a long knife (e.g. bread knives)
9. spread the strawberry cream in between the layers and stack the layers on top of each other (do not make the cream layer too thick or it will ooze out)
10. dust the icing sugar on top with a sieve then arrange halved strawberries on top. serve. (tea and coffee go well with this)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (220g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 306 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.3g||91 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 467.9mg||144 %|
|Sodium 418.7mg||14 %|
|Potassium 228.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 47.5g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 46.2g|
|Protein 14.8g||21 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 547
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.