This recipe is SO GOOD! It makes ALOT!
I usually freeze half for another meal.
You can also use reduced-fat and low-sodium ingredients.
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Lightly coat a 3 qt. shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Cook potatoes in just enough water to cover for 20 - 25 minutes, until tender when pierced.
4. Drain in a colander and return to pot.
5. Add butter to potatoes, mash with a potato masher until smooth.
6. Stir in 2 c. cheese, milk, sour cream and eggs until blended.
7. Then add onions and bacon bits, reserving a few tablespoons of each for garnish.
8. Stir in salt and pepper.
9. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
10. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. cheese and bacon.
11. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until top is lightly golden.
12. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Mash potatoes while still hot, to prevent them from becoming gummy.
I use a food mill or ricer to mash potatoes.
I edited the recipe and reduced the salt from 2.5 to 1 teaspoon. Please adjust the salt to your own taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (285g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 106 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.8g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 98.7mg||30 %|
|Sodium 421.7mg||15 %|
|Potassium 894.3mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.5g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 34.3g|
|Protein 17g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 325
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.