1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Lightly coat a 3 qt. shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Cook potatoes in just enough water to cover for 20 - 25 minutes, until tender when pierced.
4. Drain in a colander and return to pot.
5. Add butter to potatoes, mash with a potato masher until smooth.
6. Stir in 2 c. cheese, milk, sour cream and eggs until blended.
7. Then add onions and bacon bits, reserving a few tablespoons of each for garnish.
8. Stir in salt and pepper.
9. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
10. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. cheese and bacon.
11. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until top is lightly golden.
12. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
Mash potatoes while still hot, to prevent them from becoming gummy.
I use a food mill or ricer to mash potatoes.
I edited the recipe and reduced the salt from 2.5 to 1 teaspoon. Please adjust the salt to your own taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (285g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 106 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.8g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 98.7mg||30 %|
|Sodium 421.7mg||15 %|
|Potassium 894.3mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.5g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 34.3g|
|Protein 17g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 325
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe