Baked Lemon Ratatouille with Chicken
This low-fuss version bakes in the oven. Serve with rice and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
"My husband loved it which is the most important factor for me. Very flavorful. Moments for prep time is a little optimistic to me, but maybe I am slow. Peeling and mincing 4 garlic cloves and zesting a lemon, and cleaning and chopping sage and all those vegetables took me about 40 minutes. So I'll only make this when I either have help or on a weekend night. Not a week night dinner for our house."- Becomingdesa
198 people want to try | 261 have favorited
|1 tablespoonSage; (fresh) chopped|
|2 teaspoonsLemon Peel; grated|
|1 1/2 teaspoonsSalt|
|1/2 teaspoonPepper; freshly ground|
|1/3 cupOlive oil; divided|
|1 poundBoneless Skinless Chicken Thighs; cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 mediumEggplant; peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 mediumOnion; thinly sliced|
|3 mediumTomatoes; seeded and chopped|
|2 mediumZucchini; cut into 1 inch pieces|
|2 smallRed bell peppers; cut into 1 inch pieces|
|4 clovesGarlic; minced|
|3 tablespoonsParsley; (fresh) chopped|
|1 1/2 tablespoonsLemon juice|
Baked Lemon Ratatouille with Chicken Preparation
1. In small bowl, stir together sage, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
2. Heat oven to 450F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in shallow large roasting pan in oven 30 to 60 seconds or until hot. Add chicken; bake 10 to 15 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning once or twice.
3. Reduce heat to 350F; sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon of the sage mixture. Add eggplant and onion to pan; sprinkle with half of the remaining sage mixture. Add tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers and garlic; sprinkle with remaining sage mixture. Drizzle remaining oil evenly over top.
4. Bake 1 hour or until vegetables are tender, stirring gently after 45 minutes and tipping pan to pool juices in corner; spoon juices over vegetables. (Don't panic if vegetables haven't cooked down, they will in the last 15 minutes) During last 5 minutes, stir in parsley and lemon juice.
5. Serve in shallow bowls with rice. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Reproduced with permission from Cooking Club of America
I will definitely make this again.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Baked Lemon Ratatouille with Chicken Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven