Ready in 45 minutes
This low-fuss version bakes in the oven. Serve with rice and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
"My husband loved it which is the most important factor for me. Very flavorful. Moments for prep time is a little optimistic to me, but maybe I am slow. Peeling and mincing 4 garlic cloves and zesting a lemon, and cleaning and chopping sage and all those vegetables took me about 40 minutes. So I'll only make this when I either have help or on a weekend night. Not a week night dinner for our house."- Becomingdesa
Top-ranked recipe named "Baked Lemon Ratatouille with Chicken"
1. In small bowl, stir together sage, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
2. Heat oven to 450F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in shallow large roasting pan in oven 30 to 60 seconds or until hot. Add chicken; bake 10 to 15 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning once or twice.
3. Reduce heat to 350F; sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon of the sage mixture. Add eggplant and onion to pan; sprinkle with half of the remaining sage mixture. Add tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers and garlic; sprinkle with remaining sage mixture. Drizzle remaining oil evenly over top.
4. Bake 1 hour or until vegetables are tender, stirring gently after 45 minutes and tipping pan to pool juices in corner; spoon juices over vegetables. (Don't panic if vegetables haven't cooked down, they will in the last 15 minutes) During last 5 minutes, stir in parsley and lemon juice.
5. Serve in shallow bowls with rice. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Reproduced with permission from Cooking Club of America
I will definitely make this again.
ennag 6 months agoThis was extremely easy since cooked in one pot. Healthy and great-tasting too!
Kimmi497 1 year ago
ggrinst 1 year agoThis was incredibly good! With all the eggplant coming out of the garden, I didn't know what to do. Traditional ratatouille was never my favorite, but this one is outstanding. The fresh ground sage and grated lemon were perfect! Loved adding the chicken too. Definitely will do again!
Becomingdesa 2 years agoMy husband loved it which is the most important factor for me. Very flavorful. Moments for prep time is a little optimistic to me, but maybe I am slow. Peeling and mincing 4 garlic cloves and zesting a lemon, and cleaning and chopping sage and all those vegetables took me about 40 minutes. So I'll only make this when I either have help or on a weekend night. Not a week night dinner for our house.
Keka77 2 years agoFlavor was ok but the veggies were too mushy, won't make it again
Issi 2 years agoThis is quite nice. The sage was a bit too dominant. Next time I put a bit less in. The Parmesan is important, it makes it taste nice.
pols005 3 years agoThis is delicious! Two of our four family meembers don't eat meat so I cooked some Morning Star Chicken Strips for 10 minutes as directed in the beginning, then removed them until the last 5 minutes. I served this over some long grain rice cooked with half water and half vegetable broth. Very tasty!
Patty27 3 years agoThe whole family loved it!!
inky 8 years agoI will definitely make this again. [I posted this recipe.]