Best Waffles Ever
This recipe produces light, crisp, slightly moist, seriously delicious waffles. 'Nuff said.
-From Better Homes and Gardens Recipes"I've always had great results with Better Homes and Gardens recipes, so when this one was posted today, I had to give it a try. There isn't anything fancy about these, just really good basic waffles that were easy to make and delicious...perfect for everyday use! I followed the instructions exactly and the results were wonderful. Light, fluffy waffles that were crisp on the outside, moist on the inside, and tasted great. Next time, I will probably try adding a half teaspoon or more of vanilla extract, just because our family loves vanilla." - sgrishka
Yield: 3 Ready in 20 minutes
favorite of 5,534 people 3,293 people want to try
Best Waffles Ever Preparation
1. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
2. In another bowl beat egg yolks slightly. Stir in milk and oil.
3. Add egg yolk mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened (should be lumpy).
4. In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight up).
5. Gently fold egg whites into flour and egg yolk mixture, leaving a few fluffs of egg white, Do not overmix.
6. Spoon waffle batter into your waffle iron, making sure not to overfill it.
7. Serve with real maple syrup and unsalted butter.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Best Waffles Ever Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on: