pulled pork for crockpot
|Spicy Chili Rub|
|1 TbsGround black pepper|
|1 tspred cayenne pepper; 1 to 2 tsp, depending on taste|
|2 TbsChili powder|
|2 TbsGround cumin|
|2 TbsBrown sugar|
|1 TbsDried oregano|
|1 TbsGround white pepper|
|5 eachwhole cloves|
|2 eachred onions; thinly sliced|
|16 ouncesbbq sauce|
|4 poundspork tenderloin; pork shoulder can also be used|
pulled pork for crockpot Preparation
1. Comine Rub ingredients. Rub makes enough for 10 pounds of pork, so you can either halve the recipe, or make the entire thing and save some for next time.
1.5. Let the pork sit in the rub in the refrigerator anywhere from one hour to overnight.
2. Rub the roast with rub blend and stud with cloves.
3. Place roast in crock pot or slow cooker and top with onions.
4. Cover roast with water and slow cook for 8 to 10 hours.
5. Remove pork, discoard cloves and layer of fat, as well as any water and grease remaining in pot.
6. When pork is cook enough to handle, use a fork or your hands to shred and pull the meat apart.
7. Return the meat to the crock pot anolong with the barbecue sauce.
8. Heat for 1 to 2 hours.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
There are no reviews yet for pulled pork for crockpot. Be the first to review it!
There are no tags on this recipe. Log in to add tags.
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven