Top-ranked recipe named "Buche de Noel (Yule log cake )"
The chopped pistachio nuts give your cake “log” a natural moss-covered appearance. Other edible natural-looking adornments include chocolate leaves, meringue mushrooms, mint gumdrop leaves and red cinnamon candies
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil or waxed paper; grease with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored. Pour eggs into large bowl; gradually beat in 1 cup granulated sugar. Beat in 1/3 cup water and the vanilla on low speed. Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, beating just until batter is smooth. Pour into pan, spreading batter to corners.
2. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert onto towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully remove foil. Trim off stiff edges of cake if necessary. While hot, carefully roll cake and towel from narrow end. Cool on cooling rack at least 30 minutes.
3. In chilled medium bowl, beat all filling ingredients on high speed until stiff. Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread filling over cake. Roll up cake.
4. In medium bowl, beat cocoa and butter on low speed until thoroughly mixed. Beat in powdered sugar until mixed. Beat in vanilla and enough of the hot water until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
5. For tree stump, cut off a 2-inch diagonal slice from one end of cake. Attach stump to one long side using 1 tablespoon frosting. Frost cake with remaining frosting. With tines of fork, make strokes in frosting to look like tree bark.
recipe adopted from betty crocker
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
Gardre123 2 years agoThank you. Very easy to make
stevemur 5 years agoReally well executed (as usual, sidu!) You're quite a talented baker. Thanks for the photo series!