1. Preheat oven and grease 10" tub pan.
2. Place apples in large bowl, sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and remaining two cups sugar with an electric mixer until pale yellow and thick. Gradually beat in the oil, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
4. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Gradually add it to the egg mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon. You will have a battery the consistency of thick honey.
5. Fold the apples into the batter, making sure they are well distributed.
6, pour the apple batter into a prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until the top is well browned and splitting, about 11/4 hours
7. Invert the baba onto a rack and cool. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar just before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (306g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 91 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.2g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 398.7mg||123 %|
|Sodium 16639.6mg||574 %|
|Potassium 336.3mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 62.6g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 58.7g|
|Protein 18.3g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 417
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!