Try this Banana Stuffed French Toast recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Cut banana into ¼ -inch-thick slices and in a bowl whisk together half-and-half, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
2. Cut bread slices horizontally almost in half, leaving 1 edge intact. Stuff each pocket with 4 to 6 banana slices (do not overstuff).
3. In a baking dish just large enough to hold bread slices in one layer, arrange slices and pour custard over them.
4. Soak slices, turning them over once or twice to allow bread to absorb all liquid, about 15 minutes.
5. In a 12-inch non-stick skillet melt butter over low heat until foam subsides and cook slices until golden, about 5 minutes on each side. Dust French toast with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1008g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1885 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 209.4g||279 %|
|Saturated Fat 116.3g||582 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 61g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.9g|
|Cholesterol 2548.5mg||784 %|
|Sodium 795.3mg||27 %|
|Potassium 1383.7mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 72.4g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 68.6g|
|Protein 71.1g||102 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2420
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.