1. Rinse the meat in a colander. Drain excess water.
2. Heat oil in a fairly large saucepan.
3. Add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf and fennel. Stir for a few seconds.
4. Add curry leaves, chillies, onion, turmeric, ginger and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
5. In a bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, garam masala and mixed masala, and mix well.
6. Add the masala mixture to the onions, then add the meat and salt. Mix until the meat is coated with the masala mix.
7. Cover the saucepan and cook on moderate heat until the juices from the meat have been extracted.
8. Stir from time to time until the meat is well braised and the oil floats to the surface.
9. Add the water and continue cooking until the meat is tender.
10. Add the tomato puree, chopped tomato and potatoes.
11. When the potatoes are cooked through and the gravy has been slightly reduced, add the coriander.
Scoop the inside of the bread out and fill with the curry, stick the cut out bit on top.
Serve with sambals if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (649g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 566 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 62.9g||84 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.6g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 41.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2222.8mg||77 %|
|Potassium 466.8mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 123.4g||36 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 114.4g|
|Protein 21.5g||31 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1139
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.