1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat and cook the onions until translucent and softened. Add garlic, salt, and pepper and cook and stir for 30 seconds.
3. Add flour and mix well for 30 seconds, or until the mixture is bubbling. Stir stock, milk, and ranch seasoning into flour mixture. Turn heat to medium high and add one cup of cheese and continue to whisk until mixture comes to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Add rice and lower heat to medium low. Cook until the rice absorbs most of the liquid and is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Stir in the sour cream, then stir in the chicken and bacon.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13-inch casserole. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese evenly over the rice. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1019g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 759 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 84.3g||112 %|
|Saturated Fat 38g||190 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.8g|
|Cholesterol 277.9mg||86 %|
|Sodium 1447.6mg||50 %|
|Potassium 1397.2mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 72.9g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 70.5g|
|Protein 70.7g||101 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1344
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!