1. Heat oil over medium high in a pot.
2. Add cumin, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom into the oil.
3. Then add onions to mixture.
4. Cook onions to a light brown.
5. Add garlic and ginger.
6. Then cook to a dark brown.
7. Add salt, turmeric powder, chilies, and chili powder.
8. Stir in tomatoes. Occassionally stir until the mixture is reddish-brown.
9. Add meat. Stir thoroughly.
10. Cook over high heat for about 10 min.
11. Add water. (skip this step for chicken)
12. Cover pot and decrease heat to medium low. Cook until meat is tender, approximately 30 min. Stir occassionally and add water as needed.
13. Once meat is cooked add garam masala and mix well.
14. Add salt and chili powder to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (323g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 239 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.6g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.4g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.1g|
|Cholesterol 91.9mg||28 %|
|Sodium 101.2mg||3 %|
|Potassium 478.9mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 10.8g|
|Protein 20.6g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 374
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.