1. Add everything labeled as [brine] to a pot.
2. Gently heat the pot, stirring until all salt has been absorbed by the water.
3. Cool the resulting brine to room temperature or below.
4. Add the brisket to the brine, and soak for 24 hours (sliced), or up to 3-5 days for larger roasts.
5. Put in a baking dish with lid, preferably on a bed of assorted root vegetables (carrot + sweet potato + shallot + rosemary works nicely).
6. Sprinkle all [topping] ingredients over the meat, ensuring an even dusting.
7. Bake at 140 degrees Celsius (284 F) for 2.5 hours (for sliced), or longer for larger roasts.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (344g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 6986.3mg||241 %|
|Potassium 27.4mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 18g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 70
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!