* In a large bowl, stir together two cups of the bread crumbs, the crabmeat, red onions, red and green bell pepper, scallions, mayonaise, poblano chili pepper, egg yolks, lemon juice, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and cayenne pepper.
* Form 24 Crab Cakes, using about two and a half tablespoons crab mixture for each.
* On a plate, stir together the flour and the remaining one teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of pepper. In a shallow bowl, with a fork, lightly beat the eggs. Place the remaining bread crumbs on a plate.
* Dip each crab cake into the flour, shaking off the excess, then into the egg, shaking off the excess, and finally into the bread crumbs, shaking off the excess. Place the crab cakes on a wire rack.
* In a skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil over medim heat until hot. Add the crab cakes, in batches, and cook for three to four minutes on each side, or until brown and crisp.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (726g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 676 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 75.1g||100 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.5g||102 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 27.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 19.1g|
|Cholesterol 2041.6mg||628 %|
|Sodium 2883.7mg||99 %|
|Potassium 1141.8mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 200.4g||59 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.2g||49 %|
|Sugars, other 188.2g|
|Protein 88g||126 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1841
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.