1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Put the pine nuts in a skillet over medium high heat. Toast until golden. Add the butter and heat just until melted.
3. Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, measure the milk, mix in the egg and melted butter/pine nuts. Stir until combined.
5. Stir the wet ingredients into the flour until just combined. Knead lightly with your hands a few times until the dough sticks together. (It's not too messy, don't worry).
6. Pat into a circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. The dough will be about 1.5 inches thick and the circle will be 7 or so inches in diameter.
7. Using a very sharp knife, cut into wedges. Distribute these wedges around the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly golden.
These freeze well.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (71g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 94 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.5g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 42mg||13 %|
|Sodium 188.2mg||6 %|
|Potassium 89.1mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.4g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 38.2g|
|Protein 5.6g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 271
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.