1. Strain the lightly beaten eggs over a thin sieve, then season lightly with salt. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
2. To make the egg nets, heat 3 tbs oil in a 20/23cm non stick frying pan over a high heat. Wash your hands well and dip the tips of the fingers of one hand into the eggs. Lift your hand and drizzle the mixture over the pan, zigzagging back and forth and side to side to make a net.drizzle some egg in a circle around the edge to make a boarder.
3. Once set, lift the net with a palette knife. Repeat with the remaining egg, to make 4 nets. Set aside.
4. For the filling, heat 1 tbs of oil in a frying pan, add the coriander stalks, garlic, ginger and lemongrass and fry for 1 minute. add the prawns and cook, stirring until the turn pink.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the fish sauce and sugar. Tip into a bowl and toss in the beansprouts, chilli, shallots, mint and coriander leaves.
6. Spoon down one half of the net then carefully fold over the other side to enclose the filling.
Serve with the cucumber.
Getting the nets right isn't easy, but if you're after a bit of messy fun, then is the dish for you. Beating the eggs is impractical, but the protein breaks down in this resting time, making it possible to get that lacy look.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (88g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 31 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.4g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 139.6mg||43 %|
|Sodium 745.5mg||26 %|
|Potassium 211.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 9.4g|
|Protein 5.5g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 89
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.