1. Boil the cut eggplant for 5-7 minutes until tender. Then drain water.
2. Heat oil on medium heat with mustard & cumin seeds. Heat them for about 1 minute until they start to pop/sizzle so you can obtain the best flavor from them.
3. Stir in the onion and cook for 2 minutes or until it becomes soft. Add the turmeric and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the ginger, garlic and curry then cook for 1 more minute.
4. Add the tomato and salt then cook for 5 minutes or until the tomato is almost like a paste (you can add water (1-2 Tablespoons) if you need to for it to stay moist).
5. Finally, add the eggplant and cover and cook for 7-10 more minutes (you might want to stir once or twice). Then remove from heat, add the Cilantro and serve over rice!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (367g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 14 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 19.8mg||1 %|
|Potassium 884.3mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.5g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.4g||46 %|
|Sugars, other 12.1g|
|Protein 4.5g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 109
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.