Try this Eggs Benedict Bake recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Preheat broiler. Lightly grease a large skillet. Add enough water to the skillet to fill half full. Add vinegar. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat to simmering (bubbles should begin to break the surface of the water). Break one of the eggs into a measuring cup. Holding the lip of the cup as close to the water as possible, carefully slip egg into simmering water. Repeat with remaining eggs, allowing each egg an equal amount of space.
2. Simmer eggs, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs to a plate.
3. Meanwhile, place muffin halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until toasted; cool.
4. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spread the cut side of each muffin half with about 2 teaspoons of the semisoft cheese. Place muffin halves, cheese sides up, in prepared dish. Top each with a slice of ham, folding or cutting it to fit. Top each ham slice with two basil leaves and one tomato slice.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Top each tomato slice with one cooked egg. Spoon Mock Hollandaise Sauce over eggs. Bake, covered, about 25 minutes or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with paprika and/or snipped basil.
Starting at Step 3, prepare as directed through Step 4. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Prepare Mock Hollandaise Sauce; cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, prepare eggs as directed in Steps 1 and 2. Continue as directed in Step 5.
Mock Hollandaise Sauce
Yield: 1-1/2 cups
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
1. In a small bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and mustard. If desired, add milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (919g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 520 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 57.7g||77 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.7g||89 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 23.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.1g|
|Cholesterol 1618.9mg||498 %|
|Sodium 3680.1mg||127 %|
|Potassium 1909.7mg||50 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 108.3g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 101g|
|Protein 112.1g||160 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1423
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.