1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a medium saucepot bring the broth, water, seasoning and salt to a boil. Slowly whisk in the cornmeal until it is well
3. Reduce the heat to low and continue to stir occasionally. Be careful and make sure to reduce your heat because the polenta will bubble like hot lava.
Meanwhile, for filling:
1. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the sausage
and brown while breaking it up into crumbles with a wooden
spoon, about 3 – 4 minutes.
2. Once the sausage is browned, add in the onions and
mushrooms, stir to combine, and cook for an additional 1 – 2
3. Add in the garlic, tomato, seasoning and black pepper.
4. Lightly oil an 8x8 inch brownie pan. Begin layering by first
spreading out ½ of the polenta, then half of the sausage
mixture, and half of the cheese. Repeat ending with the cheese
5. Place into the preheated oven and bake in the middle for 15
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (235g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 45.5mg||2 %|
|Potassium 202mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.5g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 4.7g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 28
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.