The following recipes and tips were in an article in the Food Day section of the Oregonian. They are from Marnie Swedberg, author of "Marnies Kitchen Shortcuts."
Combine dry milk, Nestles Quick, creamer and sugar. Store in sealed plastic container. To use: Add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of mix to 1 cup hot water.
* Store homemade mixes in airtight, moisture-proof containers or in resealable freezer bags. Swedberg prefers sour cream and cottage cheese containers; for large batches, she uses ice cream buckets and deli containers.
* Mixes containing shortening or bread crumbs will stay fresh for six months. Spice mixes will stay fresh longer, but tastes and aromas may decline with age. Freezing extends shelf life.
* An empty shoe box works well as a "filing cabinet" for plastic freezer bags filled with dry mixes.
* Label mixes as you prepare them. Include the name of the mix, date assembled and use instructions. Try self-adhesive labels or a small square of paper taped to the container.
* Assembly will go more quickly if you use two sets of measuring utensils: one for dry ingredients and the other for shortening.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (83g)|
|Recipe Makes: 40 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 159 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.6g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.7g||54 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 62.1mg||19 %|
|Sodium 242.8mg||8 %|
|Potassium 851.4mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.4g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 36.4g|
|Protein 16.8g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 369
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!