1. TO MAKE THE SYRUP
2. In a medium sauce pan combine blueberries, maple syrup & juice, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until blueberries become soft, stirring occasionally.
3. Use potato masher to thoroughly mash blueberries. Set a fine-mesh sieve or a strainer lined with 100% cotton cheese cloth over a medium bowl. Pour blueberry pulp through sieve. Discard solids. Pour syrup into an air-tight storage container. Serve warm. Cover and refrigerate the remaining syrup for up to 1 week. Makes 16 (1 tbsp servings)
4. TO MAKE THE PANCAKES
5. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl whisk together ricotta cheese, egg yolks, and sugar until well mixed. Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Fold in blueberries and lemon peel.
6. In a small bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into batter, leaving a few puffs of egg white. Do not over beat.
7. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skilled. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Serve immediately or keep warm in a loosely covered baking dish at 300°F. Serve with blueberry syrup
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (751g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1002 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 111.4g||148 %|
|Saturated Fat 40.6g||203 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 48.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17.5g|
|Cholesterol 5044.3mg||1552 %|
|Sodium 13226.3mg||456 %|
|Potassium 668.1mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 110.7g||33 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 106.8g|
|Protein 70.8g||101 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1647
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.