1. Melt butter in medium - large sized pot over med. heat, add the flour and stir to make a roux. Cook until fragrant and lightly browned.
2. Add the onions, scallions and garlic, sweat until fragrant. Add the stock and bring to a simmer, stir often to prevent flour scorching the bottom of the pot.
3. Once the stock comes to a simmer, move the pot so it's only on half the burner and skim off the white foam. Place back on the burner.
4. Add the broccoli florets and simmer until tender about 10 min. Add avocado, milk and parmesan cheese then flavor with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Purée once tender using an immersion blender, food processor, or blender.
5. Strain 1/3 of the soup.
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Cover cookie sheet in parchment paper, spread out the chunks of bread, drizzle with olive oil and season as desired.
3. Bake for about 10 min. tossing at least twice during.
Top with croutons, broccoli tips and parmesan.
Using homemade stock is what makes this recipe amazing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1452g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 232 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.7g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.9g||45 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 30.3mg||9 %|
|Sodium 746.8mg||26 %|
|Potassium 2382.9mg||63 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 144.6g||43 %|
|Dietary Fiber 25.6g||103 %|
|Sugars, other 119g|
|Protein 26g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 870
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!