Woo and wow a special someone this Valentine's Day with our very berry Mini Pavlovas. These lighter-than-air confections have a crisp exterior shell and a gooey, marshmallow-like interior -- all adorned with a cream crown and bedecked with fresh seasonal berries.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. (You will immediately reduce to 200°F when the Pavlovas are ready to bake.)
2. Prepare the whipped cream: Using a hand mixer, stand mixer, or hand whisk, whip cold heavy cream and vanilla extract (sweetener to taste, if using) until medium peaks form. Cover and chill until needed.
3. Slice your berries and chill.
4. Place the egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat the egg whites on high speed until firm, about 3 to 5 minutes. With the mixer on medium-high, slowly add the sugar a tablespoon at a time and beat until it makes firm, shiny peaks, about 3-5 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, gently scrape down the sides and fold in the cornstarch.
5. In another clean, small bowl, premix the extracts and vinegar. Pour the extract/vinegar mixture onto the beaten egg whites, and fold in lightly with a rubber spatula.
6. On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, pipe or pile the meringue into 6 equally-sized disks. Leave a slight indentation in the top where the cream and berries will go.
7. Place the baking sheet into the oven and immediately turn the heat down to 200F°. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Turn off the oven, keep the door closed, and allow the meringue to cool completely in the oven, at least one hour. It will be crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
8. Top with fresh whipped cream and berries. Garnish with lemon zest and fresh mint to serve.
Pro-tip: Clean your mixing bowl thoroughly with vinegar and water and dry well with paper towels to keep your meringue from falling flat.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (183g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 70 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 27.4mg||8 %|
|Sodium 46mg||2 %|
|Potassium 211.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.8g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 44.2g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 260
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.