Cinnamon rolls are an iconic bakery treat, but they’re not as difficult to make at home as you might think! They do require some time and patience, but these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze are well worth the effort. Bake a little taste of fall today!
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. For the dough: In a small saucepan, melt butter and warm milk. Add yeast. Stir and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt together on medium speed. Add the warmed milk/butter/yeast mixture and beat until combined. Add egg and beat.
3. With the mixer running on low speed, add half of the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add remaining half of flour.
4. In a warm, oiled bowl, place dough and turn to coat on all sides.
5. Cover dough and let it rise until doubled in size (about an hour).
6. When doubled, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Add additional flour if too sticky.
7. For the filling: Roll the dough out into a 18×10 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter evenly on top. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and spices into a small bowl. Sprinkle all over the top. Roll it up tightly. Using a very sharp knife, cut into a dozen pieces. Arrange rolls into a greased jelly roll pan.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the rolls to rise a second time until doubled in size.
9. Bake the rolls until just golden, about 20-25 minutes. At the midway point, tent the pan with aluminum foil to prevent the rolls from getting too brown.
10. For the icing: While rolls are cooling slightly, whisk all icing ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (86g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 104 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.6g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 38.1mg||12 %|
|Sodium 360.6mg||12 %|
|Potassium 76.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.6g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 58.1g|
|Protein 4.7g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 355
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.