RED WINE STOCK:
2. Saute onion in oil and butter till lightly brown.
3. Add tomato paste, cooking till it turns dark.
4. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Deglaze with wine, scraping up brown bits off bottom of pan.
6. Add broth and thyme. Simmer till liquid reduces to about half, about 10 minutes.
7. Strain stock and save red wine stock
9. Heat butter and oil in saute pan over medium-high heat.
10. Saute mushrooms till barely done and still somewhat white in color. (Don't crowd, or they'll just steam.) Remove from pan and set aside.
11. Make a roux in the same pan by melting the butter and then whisking in the flour.
12. Cook over low heat till roux browns slightly.
13. Add wine stock, mustard, mushrooms. Simmer till sauce thickens.
14. Stir in sour cream or sprinkle blue cheese over already sauced tenderloin. (Both optional.)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (1726g)|
|Recipe Makes: 0 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 966 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 107.3g||143 %|
|Saturated Fat 49.3g||246 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 39.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.1g|
|Cholesterol 195.2mg||60 %|
|Sodium 2251.8mg||78 %|
|Potassium 2460.6mg||65 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 67.1g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 58.5g|
|Protein 24.1g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1724
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.