Original recipe: https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/food-dining/2012/07/03/recipe-for-salmon-spinach-and-avocado-salad-with-orange-vinaigrette/HscGegJ5ssIF3cTkcg06XM/story.html
1. In a large dry skillet over high heat, toast the sesame seeds, shaking the pan often, for 2 minutes or until they are golden. Remove from pan; set aside.
1. In a bowl, whisk the orange and lemon juices, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, then the onion.
2. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like.
2. Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper. In the skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the salmon, skin side down, and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and cook the other side for 4 minutes more or until the salmon is just cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat.
3. In a bowl, toss the spinach with the vinaigrette dressing. Divide among 4 plates.
4. With a wide metal spatula, remove the salmon from the pan, leaving the skin behind. Set a piece of salmon on each plate. Garnish with avocado and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (341g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 207 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.1g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.8g|
|Cholesterol 88.5mg||27 %|
|Sodium 205.3mg||7 %|
|Potassium 1249.5mg||33 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 6.9g|
|Protein 38.7g||55 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 409
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.