Try this Spaghetti Sauce w/o Meat recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
Source: Recipe from Chef Jarschke
1) Wash tomatoes and dip in boiling water for 30-60 seconds until the skins split. Dip in cold water and slip off the skins.
2) Remove the cores and quarter tomatoes. Boil 20 minutes, uncovered, in a large saucepan. Put through food processor to remove chunks.
3) Saute onions, garlic, peppers and mushrooms in vegetable oil until tender. Combine sauteed vegetables and tomatoes, and add tomato paste, salt, pepper, herbs, Worcestershire, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
4) Simmer, uncovered, until thick enough for serving. (The volume will have been reduced by nearly one-half.) Stir frequently to avoid burning.
5) Fill prepared jars, leaving 1" headspace. Adjust lids and process in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes.
6) Remove from canner: sit on counter to cool thoroughly before storing.
Makes about 9 pints.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (23191g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6162 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 684.6g||913 %|
|Saturated Fat 378.5g||1893 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 219.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 45g|
|Cholesterol 2338.6mg||720 %|
|Sodium 9987.6mg||344 %|
|Potassium 66080.4mg||1739 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1622.3g||477 %|
|Dietary Fiber 206.6g||826 %|
|Sugars, other 1415.7g|
|Protein 718.3g||1026 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 14821
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.