1. Rinse berries. Pat dry. Slice and put in a bowl. Sprinkle with sugar or honey and orange juice. Let sit for 30 minutes.
2. In another bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add orange rind. With a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Lightly mix in sour cream to form a soft dough.
3. On a floured board, roll doughto about 3/4-inch thickness. Cut dough into 6 circles, about 3 inches wide.
4. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 400-degrees until puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
5. While warm, split biscuits in half with a fork. Whip cream. Add sugar, if used.
6. Place bottom halves on serving dishes. Top with berries and second halve. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a mint leaf, if desired. Serve immediately.
It is important o mix dough as quickly as possible. Do not overwork dough or biscuits will not become flaky and moist inside.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (275g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 326 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.2g||48 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.3g||97 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 73.2mg||23 %|
|Sodium 1267.5mg||44 %|
|Potassium 158.7mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 63.2g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 60.9g|
|Protein 7.4g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 604
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!