1. Separate the eggs and set whites aside. In a double boiler, beat yolks and sugar and cook until mixture begins to thicken. About 5 - 7 minutes over boiling water. Cool mixture before proceeding.
2. Add the marscapone cheese to the yolks and sugar and mix until combined. Add cream cheese and continue beating. Add the coffee grinds.
3. In separate bowl, whip the whipping cream until peaks begin to form. Add confectioner's sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Add to cheese and egg mixture.
4. **Optional** Whip egg whites, adding 3 tablespoons of confectioner's sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture.
5. Sprinkle a thin layer of cocoa powder into a large deep dish.
6. Combine the chilled coffee and brandy and dip the lady fingers, taking care not to over soak them. Form a layer on top of the cocoa powder. Lightly sprinkle cocoa powder on the lady fingers and then cover with a thick layer of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and repeat laying, ending with a layer of sprinkled cocoa powder.
7. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, 24 hours preferably and serve.
This recipe is a "tweaked" version of Big Oven ID # 161202. I used a tiramisu coffee for brewing as well as the expresso powder I used in the cheese mixture. I cooked the egg yolk mixture because of the egg scare that's ongoing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (429g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1085 (92%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 120.6g||161 %|
|Saturated Fat 73.2g||366 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 34.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.9g|
|Cholesterol 600.3mg||185 %|
|Sodium 259.6mg||9 %|
|Potassium 406mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.2g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 13.6g|
|Protein 13.8g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1174
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.