Heat oven to 375.
1. In large bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, self rising flour and sugar. Mix in currants.
2. In separate bowl, beat butter, egg and greek yogurt, milk and vanilla.
3. Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture. Blend with a wooden spoon.
4. Work mixture with hands into a large ball.
5. On board floured with whole wheat flour, knead the dough 3 or 4 times and form a large ball.
6. Separate the large ball into 4 equal smaller balls. Form and flatten each ball to be about 2", tall, should be around 4.5" in diameter.
7. Brush the top of each with beaten egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.
8. Divide each ball into 4 equal triangles and separate slightly.
9. Bake for 17-20 minutes; the inside of the triangle should be dense, not squishy, when completely baked.
I like to serve with honey butter or with homemade walnut butter.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (61g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 47 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.2g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 25.5mg||8 %|
|Sodium 315.5mg||11 %|
|Potassium 106.3mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.4g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 24.8g|
|Protein 4.5g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 169
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!